Quest for M.A.M.E. Cabinet Begins

A couple of weeks ago my brother Scott sent me a YouTube video of a guy that had built a M.A.M.E. cabinet using a wall mounted 50" 3D enabled plasma T.V. along with a custom control panel purchased from http:\\www.mameroom.com. Needless to say I was blown away. Here's the video so you can see why.



You see, ever since I experienced the thrill of walking into an arcade I've always wanted to own my very own arcade machine. With the creation of emulation and the M.A.M.E project my dream has only become more intense over the years. This is where the YouTube video comes into play.

One of the main reasons I've never actually made a M.A.M.E machine is because the interfaces up to this point have been nothing more than an Excel like expierence which makes you feel like you're on a PC and not in the arcade. As you can see in the video this has all changed with a frontend called HyperSpin.

So with this addition to the emulation world I can now begin the journey of finally realizing my dream to own an arcade machine. This blog was created to help me document my progress on the cabinet and to help me keep pushing towards my goal.

If there are any people out there that have made a M.A.M.E. machine and have advice on parts, PC specs, etc. Feel free to leave comments. This is new to me so I'm sure I'll stumble a little along the way.

Let the journey begin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment